Would you like to invest and become a Turkish Citizen at the same time?
If you buy real estate in Turkey worth at least $400,000, you can apply for Turkish Citizenship by Investment and get a Turkish Passport. Your spouse and children under the age of 18 will also receive citizenship with your application.
Recent changes to the Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program mean buyers can get citizenship and passports for as little as $400,000. This has made the program one of the most affordable and attractive citizenship initiatives in the world. Thousands of investors acquired citizenship by purchasing real estate and myvillaturkey.com has helped many people.
Those who are successful in their application will now have Turkish citizenship and their children born after this date will be born as Turkish citizens. Turkey allows dual citizenship, allowing you to keep multiple citizenships alongside your Turkish citizenship.
Steps for Turkish Citizenship Application by Real Estate Investment
Step 1 - Get a Tax Registration Number
Tax Registration number can be obtained from any tax office in Turkey. Original Passport and Photos are required.
Step 2 - Open a Turkish Bank Account
Documentation of transactions during the buying stage will be necessary. Original Passport and Tax Registration Number are required. An Official Document (such as Public Utility Bill) that shows your current address is required to open a bank account.
Step 3 - Find the Property
Needs to be a Total Value of $400,000 USD or equivalent in Turkish Lira (can be single or multiple units). Properties must be completed, or Close to Completion with Habitation License granted and Construction Servitude or Title Deed ready. Must be suitable for an Official Valuation Survey.
Step 4 - Buy the Property
Use a Bank Transfer and document the transaction by receipt. Get the Title Deed Registry and/or Notarised Sales Contract annotated with "Not To Be Sold For 3 Years" as part of the requirement. After three years, you can sell your property investment in Turkey as your citizenship is guaranteed forever.
Step 5 - Apply for Turkish Residency
Gather the required Documents before applying for your residence permit. Apply to Directorate General of Migration Management. The residence permit is an important step to receiving your citizenship and eventual passport.
Step 6 - Apply for Turkish Citizenship by Investment
Gather the required Documents before applying for Citizenship. Apply to Directorate General of Migration Management.
Facts about Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program
• You will need to keep all of your investments for 3 years.
• You are free to sell your property once the required time has expired.
• The applicant, spouse of the applicant, and any children under 18 will be granted Turkish Citizenship.
• You are not required to live in Turkey in order to make use of the Turkish Citizenship by Investment Programme.
• Your Citizenship will remain forever and any children born after will be citizens of Turkey.
• You can keep multiple citizenships as Turkey allows dual citizenship.
Required Documents needed for Turkish Citizenship by Investment?
- Birth Certificate - Each copy of the birth certificate needs to be stamped and authenticated OR Apostilled in accordance with the Apostille Convention.
- Certificate of Residence - Proof of address needs to be provided. Bank statements or utility bills will NOT be accepted. Each certificate needs to be stamped and authenticated OR Apostilled in accordance with the Apostille Convention.
- Marital Status - Vital Record that shows all family members as the husband, wife and children, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate. Each certificate needs to be stamped and authenticated OR Apostilled.
- If the applicant is widowed, Spouse's Death Certificate
- Health Insurance
- 12 Blometrics Photos taken on white background - 4 Biometric photos taken against a white background and sized 5x6 are required for all persons applying. 8 more Biometric photos regular sized taken against a white background are required from the main applicant.
- Passport - A copy of your original Passport.
- Original and Notarised Turkish translation of all documents
- Power of Attorney granted
- Application Forms - All completed and filled in correctly.